Jolla: How To Access Google Play **EDITED**
WE HAVE A NEWER SET OF INSTRUCTIONS FOR GETTING GOOGLE PLAY ON YOUR JOLLA – PLEASE USE THIS LATEST METHOD WHICH DOES NOT REQUIRE A PC CONNECTION AND CAN SIMPLY BE CARRIED OUT DIRECTLY VIA YOUR HANDSET:
Some clever guy has already figured out how to access Google Play from the Jolla phone – well that didn’t take long did it?!
To go and visit the original site, you can visit this link to see the instructions: http://jollafin.blogspot.fi
Instructions copied from the site are published below and please note you attempt this at your own risk and this hasn’t been approved by Jolla!
TAKE BACKUP FROM /opt/alien/system
- Enable Jolla Developer Mode and allow SSH-connection.
- Download http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip and extract it.
- Plug your Jolla with USB to computer in normal mode.
- Copy system-folder from your extract files to Jolla.
- Open SSH-connection to your phone and login.
- Write “devel-su” and press enter. After that, write your password.
- Write command: rsync -av –ignore-existing /home/nemo/system /opt/alien
- Reboot phone
- Install Google Play services to Jolla
- Install Google Play Store to Jolla
- Start Play Store and do updates.
Latest posts by JollaTides (see all)
- #Jolla Tablet Campaign: Last Chance To Order + Juicy Perks - December 8, 2014
- #TOHKBD: Go, Go, Funky Configurator! - November 28, 2014
- #Jolla Tablet: Campaign Adds Bulk Retailer Option And Stretch Goals! - November 27, 2014