Sailfish Running On N9 + Tutorial!
After so many requests for this in the past, it would appear that someone has finally got a flash of Sailfish to run on a Nokia N9! :-)
The tutorial is currently for those who know what they’re doing so please don’t attempt if you are uncertain. This tutorial follows the obvious disclaimer that you may risk bricking your phone and voiding any warranty so attempt this at your own risk.
- Remember this will not harm your Meego Harmattan (If done correctly). *Multi-Boot*!
- You need to have Ubiboot Installed first
- Remember you must already have made the OS Partition for this to work!
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T in your linux distro to launch the Terminal
- In a terminal type “sudo su” (this gives yo the superuser power)
- Now you need to have the harmattan flasher
- Head to the path of your zImage
- Type this “flasher -k zImage -n initrd-moslo -l -b”
- Now connect the phone.
- It will bring a green screen, here popup the Alt_OS partition
- If it has anything inside that partition just remove it.(You can use this command to do so: rm -rf /media/Alt_OS/*)
- Now you need the Sailfish Os image!
- Transfer it to your Alt_OS partition! (heres a command for that: time sudo tar –numeric-owner -xvf sailfishos_n9_1_0_0_5.tar.bz2 -C /media/Alt_OS/)
- Now once the files have been transferred, type these commands:
- umount /media/Alt_OS
Congratulation You Now have Sailfish OS!
Latest posts by JollaTides (see all)
- Have Your Say: Tahkalampi 126.96.36.199 Update **Poll** - July 18, 2014
- The Voice Of Jolla Community Is Here: Jolla Want You! - July 9, 2014
- Native Flappy Bird Game: Arrives In Jolla Store Competes With Sailyfish - July 9, 2014