Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Matte Screen Protector For Jolla ?
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain
    Wondering if anyone has found a matte screen protector for their Jolla yet ?

I've found two sellers of normal ones here:
    http://www.amazon.com/D-Flector-Scratch-Resistant-Smartphone-Protector/dp/B00H5DSHEG
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-de-4-films-protection-protecteur-pr-portable-Jolla-Smartphone-neuf-/221316661082?pt=FR_Mobiles_PDAs_Protecteurs_d_écran&hash=item3387803f5a

But I prefer the matte ones which tend to look nicer and cause no smudging or 'finger drag'.
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    Why would you need one? It has Gorilla Glass.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides

Why would you need one? It has Gorilla Glass.

The matte screen protector actually makes the phone look nicer IMO (not shiny), makes it easier to swipe, avoids finger print smudging all over and well it also protects the screen from sand/grit in my pocket.

What's not to like ? :P
    Yeah .... you are right about the finger prints and the shiny part, but that screen protector will scratch much much faster than the actual gorilla glass. I wouldn't like that :)
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Well so far with a matte screen protector on my old phone = no scratches. But somehow with the standard 'shiny' screen protectors I agree they always get scratches and look horrible (I hate those ones too).

These matte screen protectors are amazing... seriously!! :-D
    Maybe it is just me but i prefer to feel the phone "naked" :p
    Although I am open to see how that would work.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Seriously if i can get hold of a few, I'll send you one and I promise you won't want to try anything else after that! Naked or not, it's always best to use protection! :P
  • MarkkyboyMarkkyboy
    69.00 KarmaPosts: 40Crew
    In a way, I agree with andreibechet, the Jolla should be seen and used, bareback ;)
    I've been looking at cases to fit Jolla. There are a few that may or may not fit nicely, they are made for the Acer Liquid E2 which is said that the dimensions are 131 x 68 x 9.9 mm, which is exactly what Jolla's dimensions are!
    I noticed many were curved on the top and bottom to suit the E2, but would leave the corners of the Jolla exposed in the event of a mishap - just a thought :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder