Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
TOHD SERVICE
  • HansHans
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 7Crew
    After updating to 1.0.3.8., what should the status of tohd.service be? When i check the status in developer mode it still says that it's running!!
  • MarkkyboyMarkkyboy
    69.00 KarmaPosts: 40Crew
    Hi Hans,
    I checked this out and I am assuming from this, that tohd.service is running but 'suspended' until another 'other half' is detected.
    I used this command;
    'systemctl status tohd.service'
    or you can use this one, but it reports less info;
    'systemctl | grep tohd'
    20140203004323.jpg
    540 x 960 - 82K
    Post edited by Markkyboy at 2014-02-03 00:49:10
  • HansHans
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 7Crew
    I assumed it was something like this. I used the same command.
    Would be nice if NFC on/off was implemented in a graphical way in settings for
    example (user friendly) or maybe an app (developers!).
    Thanks for the quick response O:)
  • J0lla_PekkaJ0lla_Pekka
    2.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    I still have it disabled. Is there any reason to take it back into use, if I don't
    even have any other OH?
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    if you don't have another OH then you really don't need the service. Still, if the drainage is 100% fixed there is no harm done if you have it running.
    i'm not even close to be a first one
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    as it seems it makes no difference now in battery life if you mask and stop the tohd service. The battery is used like 50% (rough estimate by me) more by 1.0.3.8 than with 1.0.2.5 with tohd masked and disabled. That means there is another Functionality running that somehow has to detect a other half change and then activate the tohd service to kick off the tohd-change routine and then put it to suspend again. That is probably another "polling" service that checks the nfc for a new other half in a timed manner.

for me personally i'd rather have a "check for new other half" option in the phone options and have some more hours/days battery life...
    i'm not even close to be a first one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder