Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Sailfish mail app missing features/bug reports
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    I want to get a list of all features missing from the sailfish mail client and post it on together. As it is, it is usable, barely ... but we need some features. I was examining these days the list on Together and the big requests have been delivered. We should also become more granular, maybe.
    We should focus on this for 1-2 weeks.

Note: we should write this organized so it wouldn't be very hard for me to process into a list later.
    Start by writing it:
    1. feature name - explanation
    If someone else wrote that feature ... just say +1 to that feature (something like 1. +1 to feature_name).

After 1-2 weeks I will create some sort of processed list and post it here, to double check with all you before putting it on together. After this we can move to calendar app, messenger and so on (the order is not fixed and can be discussed in the general chat of the forum).

Post edited by andreibechet at 2014-09-30 08:59:49
    1. Search
    2. Threaded view
    3. Select all (very useful after applying a filter)
    4. After zooming in, being able to return to list of mails without having to zoom out.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    as i don't use the Mail-App in a work fashion i'm quite pleased with its Stability. So i'm gonna quote andrei and add +1s. Points 1 and 2 would be the points i would have raised also.

1. Search +1
    2. Threaded view +1
    3. Select all (very useful after applying a filter) +1
    4. After zooming in, being able to return to list of mails without having to zoom out. +1

i'm not even close to be a first one
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain
    Sounds good Andrei I'll do some thinking on this one as I haven't missed much but know there are probably additional functions which would be useful. Will let you know... :)

PS. Suggestion to keep the thread tidy instead of +1 repeating posts everytime, people could just click "like" if they like all features mentioned ? That might save some space make the thread more useful ?
  • LacrimosaLacrimosa
    33.00 KarmaPosts: 14Crew
    1. Ability to add email sender to contacts
    2. Text formatting when sending email (e.g. bold, italics)
    3. Mark all (or selected) emails as read.

Also, +1 to search and threaded view.
  • sixstringssixstrings
    1.00 KarmaPosts: 1Crew

1. Search +1
    2. Threaded view +1
    3. Select all (very useful after applying a filter) +1
    4. After zooming in, being able to return to list of mails without having to zoom out. +1

5. option for read/write mails in text(-only) mode.
    6. a "mark all read" for all mails from all accounts and all mails from one account (no 3. Mark all (or selected) emails as read. +1 (from Lacrimosa))
    7. fetch mails from account with more than one mail address for only one mail address of the account (ex. on server 'mymail.org' is one account with two mail addresses 'my1staddr@mymail.org' and 'my2ndaddr@mymail.org' = user can config, that the mail client only fetches the mails that were sent to "my1staddr@mymail.org)
    Thank you all for your suggestions!
  • rastakajakwannarastakajakwanna
    3.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    1. better html formatted email handling
    2. unable to Swype-out(go back) without zooming out, sometime needs zoom-out twice
    3. copy/paste content on html formatted email doesn't work or very tricky
    4. signature under all previous threads, it should be at the end of my message, makes signature invisible
    5. send email is in top menu, not so intuitive, sometimes hard to reach (too many swipes on long email)

I hope, I'm not too late as I was waiting for my account approval :)
    No no ... every suggestion is good. I will create a poll these days and then people can vote. Than I will submit to together portal in an organized manner.
    After gathering the data this would be the list. Please feel free to add more or vote up the suggested features. (@Timo: can we attach a poll to this thread?). I tried adding everything posted, but in case you didn't find your idea please explain it a bit better and add it. Thank you!

6 votes: Mark/delete mails in bulk (or option for all) from one account

5 votes: Search

3 votes: Unable to Swype-out(go back) without zooming out.

2 votes: Threaded view

2 votes: PGP/GPG and S/MIME Support

2 votes: Signature should be at the end of current message, not at all previous replied messages.

1 vote: Text formatting when sending email (e.g. bold, italics)

1 vote: Sending HTML formatted emails (configurable)

1 vote: Better html formatted email handling

1 vote: Select subfolders which should update automatically.

1 vote: Ability to add email sender to contacts

1 vote: Checking selected subfolders for incoming mail (only possible with Inbox atm)

1 vote: Being able to move from one email to the next/previous without having to go back to the list.

1 vote: Copy/paste content on html formatted email doesn't work or very tricky

1 vote: See full headers

1 vote: Fetch mails from account with more than one mail address for only one mail address of the account (ex. on server 'mymail.org' is one account with two mail addresses 'my1staddr@mymail.org' and 'my2ndaddr@mymail.org' = user can config, that the mail client only fetches the mails that were sent to "my1staddr@mymail.org)

1 vote: Update speedup (sometimes it takes ages to update subfolder not visited for ~2 weeks with only few new emails)

1 vote: Disable top posting while answering mails

1 vote: Option for read/write mails in text(-only) mode.

1 vote: Check local maildir/mbox
  • rastakajakwannarastakajakwanna
    3.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    I completelly forgot to mention and highlight possibility to search-on-type from Exchange GAL (Global Address List / or how it's called these days)!!! It's must have feature for any corporate ! Lack of it is unforgivable :)
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Just to let you guys know the poll is live here: http://wp.me/p44Rkx-KH
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Votes on the blog have now hit over the 1000 mark so we're getting to a really nice sample size - thanks for all your input so far guys! :)

Don't forget to start putting in your input for feature requests on the VKB thread also. ;)
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
  • FlexFlex
    0.00 KarmaPosts: 0Crew
    Might be a little late, but I still miss two essential features in the list:

- Mail Identities (=support for alias mail adresses)
    - Colored quotes (= different colors for different quote levels, also in the editor!) It's the standard behaviour of Thunderbird, if you want to have more colors see Quote Colors Plugin as example.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder