Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Bug: GPS needs wifi to initially to work at all
  • KlavsKlavsenKlavsKlavsen
    1.00 KarmaPosts: 1Crew
    Going to fossdem, and having the jolla phone in flight mode on the way here (updated to latest version), when I tried to use GPS on the jolla - it didn't work. It never got a fix - even though I spend all day, often letting it "stir" for 5 minutes, and tried using osmand and other map applications (incl. builtin) - without network connectivity (since I do not have data roaming and had no wifi nearby) - and it would never get a location.
    I then went to the hotel and (during a long day without GPS - where fellow windows phone and android phone users worked fine without data but with GPS) to find that when I had wifi at the hotel - my GPS worked fine.
    Today it works fine as well - so it seems there's some sort "init" needed for GPS.. that it needs to "startup" with network connectivity to ever get a fix ?

Was really embarressing to be the only one whose GPS did not work :(
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    hmm, i thought it was a requirement of the map-software i'm using that i have to enable data-roaming or wifi for it (the software) to work.

Could you please write a eMail to support@jolla.com and ask about how its interconnected?
    i'm not even close to be a first one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder