Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Forum Tips
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain

Just a quick list of some tips that might help you navigate the forum a little easier.  

• To enter latest discussions, click the discussions tab in the menu.  This should list latest discussions in date order and will also open the 'Shoutbox" for live chat with other community members.
    • To get back to the main blog, click the 'blog' tab in the menu.
    • To edit your profile, click the "your_profile_name" tab in the menu to adjust your preferences, upload an avatar etc.
    • To start a new discussion or ask a question, click the "start a new discussion" tab at the top of the right hand side bar.  You can choose whether you want to "ask a question" or "start a discussion". 
    • To see a full list of forum categories, hover over the 'discussions' tab and click 'all categories'.  From the categories list, you can manage categories by clicking on "options": to unfollow/mark read.
    • To do a forum search, type your query into the search bar on the top right.
    • If someone has written a post that you really appreciate, you can 'like' it by clicking 'like'.  Liking a post or being 'liked' will add to your Karma points. Likewise, if you see spam or something a comment you don't like, you can 'flag' it.  
    • Discussion posts can be ordered by votes or by date added, that's up to you. 
    • You can also bookmark threads by clicking the star at the top right on the topic title.
    • You can vote on posts with the dark blue box to the left of the profile name who posted.  If you click the 'up' arrow you are give 1 positive vote. If you press the 'down' arrow, you are giving one negative vote.  This affects the order of the thread if you choose to sort by 'votes'.  this can be very useful if for instance someone asks a question and the answer with the most positive votes is listed at the top of the thread.
    • You can quote a previous comment by clicking on the 'quote' button at the top of the comment to the right of the profile.
    If you have any other questions/queries, you could ask here.  :-)

Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-11-18 20:43:51
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Just to add, if anyone after trying out the forum has something they feel is missing or would like to add, we'll do our best to accommodate. ;-)
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-11-08 16:33:17
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    hey Timo

is it intended that you can vote your own created Threads?
    i'm not even close to be a first one
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    I think that is a small grey area in this forum software... I'll check to see if there is a remedy. ;-)
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    just wanted to point out that some users postcount does not update correctly (like mine for example)

No Gamebreaker but kinda irritating ;)
    i'm not even close to be a first one
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @blitzschlag

I've noticed that too and think it might have something to do with cache so will catch up sooner or later! I suppose at least everyone is in the same boat. ;-)

I'm looking into it all the same though as there may be a workaround. Thanks for pointing that out. ;-)
  • FazFaz
    63.00 KarmaPosts: 37Crew
    The time of each post seems to only show for the present day. Is that intentional? Oh and the smiley is stick getting in the way. hehe.
    I want my physical keyboard and I want it now! =)
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Thanks for the feedback Faz. :-)

The smiley issue seems only to affect firefox from what I've tested... chrome works fine as does a few other browsers I've tested.

I'll look into the time issue to see if I can find a fix. ;-)
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-12-05 17:20:30
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Ok thanks I'll edit your post and look into that - thanks Andre! :-)
  • jollamatejollamate
    115.00 KarmaPosts: 69Crew
    I wanted to make a post with quote (decided not to post, but thats not the problem ;) ).
    The post I wanted to reply has two quotes. When I pushed "quote" the upper part with two "blockquote=" statements were truncated.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @jollamate Hmmm I haven't come across this before - it might help if you add a screenshot so I can see exactly what you mean. :-)
  • jollamatejollamate
    115.00 KarmaPosts: 69Crew

@jollamate Hmmm I haven't come across this before - it might help if you add a screenshot so I can see exactly what you mean. :-)

hmmm ... i tried, but now evrything works fine. can't replicate this. if i ever stumble over it i will post it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder