Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Missing Software Features: Please Make Requests Here!
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain
    Missing software feature requests relates to Sailfish UI/OS/App specific features that you are used to having or simply cannot live without on your Jolla phone.

This could be features related to for example OS settings, general UI interactions, or other software related deficiencies such as an app that you cannot live without.

Please report in a clear concise way what software features you feel are missing to help us as Jolla owners and Jolla as a company moving forward.

Rather than double posting someone else's suggestion, please hit the 'like' button to show an extra vote for any stated feature.
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-12-18 02:03:26
  • FazFaz
    63.00 KarmaPosts: 37Crew
    Support for additional & integrated Instant Messenger protocols.
    e.g. Extraplugins Accounts UI for N9/Meego.
    I want my physical keyboard and I want it now! =)
  • FazFaz
    63.00 KarmaPosts: 37Crew
    Support for Swype or similar keyboard.

If you support this I would recommend a +1 to this thread at their official forum.
    I want my physical keyboard and I want it now! =)
  • rgsidlerrgsidler
    11.00 KarmaPosts: 6Crew
    Geocaching application like agtl or c:geo
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    32.00 KarmaPosts: 10Crew
    Landscape mode in native browser.
    Flash support would be ideal too.
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    Offline and vocal guidance for the maps application.
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    Native Twitter and Facebook apps so that notifications don't redirect to Web links only.
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    Allow apps folders creation (not to have a long long list of apps at the end).
  • Cosmic_KakapoCosmic_Kakapo
    43.00 KarmaPosts: 32Crew
    Ability to choose file destination for camera shots
    Ability to create sub-folders
    shutter sound options
    native photo filter options in the camera
    phone to talk to the SD card
    an accessible native file explorer
    ability to change People to a list view
    A better time setting clock on Calendar - the wheel thing is simple, but seems to be design over practicality
    Post edited by Cosmic_Kakapo at 2013-12-18 12:03:10
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    Some way (apps or protocol) to deport screen display on a larger screen or TV as there's no HDMI port. Could be a Miracast compatibility or something else.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Can't share png files from gallery.
  • ratedrated
    237.00 KarmaPosts: 65Crew
    @BaffTech - not (quite) the same thing as I suspect you're after a full TV-out like the N900 had (God I love that phone), but as a partial version: the Android app iMediashare/Flipps does work (tested this morning and perfectly stable on a Samsung Smart TV). Though hopefully a full TV-out becomes an option in future through the data port.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    BaffTech said:

There are other android offline navigation options available free. I've personally been using navfree for the past few weeks which includes voice guidance and free offline maps. ;)
  • MichdeSkunkMichdeSkunk
    27.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew
    i have many things to report:
    SETTINGS:
    - less accounts on settings (dropbox,hotmail,youtube,nokia for maps,whatsapp ecc..) and maybe a better management for these
    - display settings haven't disactivation double tap lock
    - settings for NFC missing
    - no settings for notifications
    - WAP connects by itself without manage this
    - more options for themes
    - option for deleting cache
    VARIOUS:
    - telephone have poor list of incoming/outgoing calls, history and haven't calls counter
    - there aren't smiles to insert in messages
    - swipe keyboard missing
    - in contacts modify i can't set the ringtones for incoming calls
    - a good native file manager for sailfish OS
    - video mp4 are shown like music track in multimedia
    - on notes app selected text haven't options (fonts, color, bold, italic ecc..)
    - when you choose time/timer you cannot see numbers in the circles
    - zoom on camera does not exist
    - browser haven't option for deleting data (history, password, coockies ecc..)
    - documents doesn't keep bookmarks, haven't a method to choose the pages
    SYSTEM and NOTIFICATIONS:
    - notification icons, date and clock aren't shown when screen is lock
    - can't tapping notifications icons in lock screen
    - status icons and date should be shown on lock screen and not hidden
    - quick bar for connection on pull menu
    - some FB notifications don't appear on notifications screen
    - folders in applications screen missing
    - calendar shown on notifications screen should be useful like weather that is missing
    Post edited by MichdeSkunk at 2013-12-18 13:42:38
  • BaffTechBaffTech

BaffTech said:

There are other android offline navigation options available free. I've personally been using navfree for the past few weeks which includes voice guidance and free offline maps. ;)

Was looking for "Mireo Don't panic" but didn't manage to find it on the stores I have installed. Will get a try for navfree then - thanks for the tip.

• CoolHuhCoolHuh
    48.50 KarmaPosts: 28Crew
    This is not really a "request" but I would like to see the "Phone screen" a bit different. At the moment you get a list of the latest calls and sometimes inadvertently push an entry and make a call. I would prefer a pop-up to say "call" instead of simply dialing after a tap. I sometimes end up calling when I just want to close the phone screen. The case with the SMS screen is a bit similar. The layout is a bit confusing with the old message and the (possible) reply on the same screen...
    Post edited by CoolHuh at 2013-12-18 12:41:18
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    - Threaded view of email discussions (have tried only Gmail account and it doesn't support it yet).
    - Calendar support with google calendar
    language support directly from the keyboard.

Already available by holding down space on keyboard.
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-12-18 21:54:54
  • ratedrated
    237.00 KarmaPosts: 65Crew

language support directly from the keyboard.

That's already there by holding down the space bar is it not?
    yes it is...my bad :)
    folder support
  • savarsavar
    3.00 KarmaPosts: 1Crew
    Caldav and Carddav Support.
  • Cosmic_KakapoCosmic_Kakapo
    43.00 KarmaPosts: 32Crew
    just playing around with the native Media player - it can't play anything in .wma format.

MP3 is fine

additional codec support is needed
  • LacrimosaLacrimosa
    33.00 KarmaPosts: 14Crew
    When nothing is entered in the text field on the messaging app, it displays "Hi ". It would be nice to be able to send that as a message.
  • MichdeSkunkMichdeSkunk
    27.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew
    i'm trouble with video camerawhen i make a video i can't choose resolution (HD high, WVGA medium, VGA low)video camera is sets to HD then if a make some videos these will be very large and i cannot share with email or fb and format files are always in mp4 i think should be better if i can choose the file format 3gp or mp4 because a mp4 video of 40sec is 50Mb and same video in 3gp is 7Mb, and last one is best for sharing away without problem - phone has 14Gb so we can store many videos here and there isn't an option to save videos/photos directly in SD card).....we'd appreciate some fixes - See more at: http://www.jollatides.com/forums/discussion/101/video-maker#Item_3
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Download manager needs to be better implemented.

For example, if I set aptoide to download an android app and then leave the phone, it seems to time-out and I need to go back into aptoide, find the same app and hit install again so it can resume installing.

A better download manager would make this process seamless.
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-12-19 13:25:18
  • tvppestvppes
    19.00 KarmaPosts: 8Crew
    It seems to me that NFC could drain your batteries? Perhaps there should be way to turn it off. What you think?
    Devices: Jolla, Nokia Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z Tablet, iPad Air Tablet, Windows 8,1 Computer
  • egnat69egnat69
    5.00 KarmaPosts: 4Crew
    IMAP Idle would be nice ... at least as an option for mail...
    PBAP support would be a nice addition in the future (dialling numbers is annoying)

I'd like to see an option to differntiate between haptic feedback for the keyboard and the pulley menu... also maybe an option for the amount of feedback...

it seems like the phone is picking up mobile networks way quicker than my motorola razr (i.e. when i'm leaving the garage) ... i wonder if this is a trick by big companies to reduce battery usage by reducing the frequency of checking for network signal... maybe an option for that could be implemented (more or less frequently)
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Following on from @egnat, I would really like to be able to turn keyboard haptics off (differentiate from pulley menu) and allow some nice keyboard sounds in place of haptics as I generally find haptics in an onscreen keyboard puts me off typing and prefer an aural indication. Having more options here would be great.

• JollaTidesJollaTides
    This is a big feature I would really love:

When viewing homescreen (multi tasking view), you have to your left ambience options and to your right the same ambience options!? This seems counter intuitive as for me I'm just as happy going to the 'gallery' to set my ambience there (which would only be occasionally at that).

Now what I would prefer in those 2 screens either side of the home screen is to be able to set custom apps to be displayed in there. For example, to the right I would love the 'messaging app', and to the left probably the email app. But you could also have the option to maybe put the browser in one of those areas etc etc.

This would be amazing if it was possible IMO!
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Another big improvement which could be made:

Furthermore, the very top display or lock screen which shows eg. static notifications/time/connectivity icons.

This needs something like a weather summary and also the notification icons (to the left) need to be interactive ie. either displaying some more information, or touch one to go directly to the message from the lock screen.

Adding a camera icon (or some other custom icon) to the right of the time at the bottom of the lock screen with a quick link would also be great.

The lock screen needs finely tuning with more interaction IMO.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Keyboard request:

Option for auto-correct would be nice. ;-)
  • siggi_digitalsiggi_digital
    14.00 KarmaPosts: 8Crew
    Torch from pulley menu
  • cfgardinercfgardiner
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    Any chance of porting the N9 Contacts, calender and address book to Jolla? For the most part these work better, with the exception of the Exchange sync which is great on Jolla. On the other hand, Jolla mail and network connectivity work better than on the N9. Jolla jumps so smoothly between my 3G provider and known WLANs that I don't even notice.

Just a few comments:
    Phone: I miss the various last calls views from the N9. Also, dialing straight away from the calls list is embarrassing. It should at least be configurable to require an extra tip to actually dial. Also, I can't seem to jump to the contact card from the calls list.
    Contacts: Am I correct in assuming that contacts uses multiple address books internally? I have downloaded all my contacts from Zarafa using the Exchange sync but these aren't visible in my car infotainment system when I link up over bluetooth . Can you add a way to either select current primary address book or to copy from one address book to another: i tried syncing my N9 contacts to Jolla but this somehow screwed up the entire Jolla contacts installation and only showed one single entry in the car infotainment system.
    Calendar: At a very minimum, a pulley item allowing you to jump to a random date. As a proposal, the pulley item shows a menu where you can pull or type year and month, much like many credit card expiration date entry masks on webshops.
    Also, a better display of elements imported from outlook, ability to edit or add notes to calender entries etc. i.e. as N9 like as possible
    Connectivity: I can just plug an N9 into a Linux laptop (SuSE 11.3) over USB and use this as a modem. Couldn't get this working at all with Jolla. Windows is just as bad which I need for my VPN access. It would of course be better if this all worked over bluetooth.
    Maps: It's great that you use Nokia here, but I don't see any way to log into my here account and access my collections.

Summary. Jolla is a good beta but I won't be retiring my N9 for a while.
    Post edited by cfgardiner at 2013-12-22 18:23:00
  • egnat69egnat69
    5.00 KarmaPosts: 4Crew
    Another thing i came across that would add some usability (at least for me):

add connectivity options to ambience so we can have a car-ambience that automatically activates BT or a home-ambience that activates WiFi ...

also missing from other phones is the possibility to type in the name via number keys in the phone-app (1 for abc, 2 for def,...) to quickly find contacts... not a priority though...
  • HuuhaaTmHuuhaaTm
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 3Crew
    I would also like to have proper caldav support & carddav + imap idle support as well (there isn't now even for contacts, since they sync only in one way)

Other than those.. Would be great to have two steps in screen "sleeping mode", with adjustable time frame => When screen goes black and you double tap screen before time is up, the phone would wake in exactly same position it was, with the same application on fullscreen that there was. If you would double tap after time is up, the behavior would be like it is now. Sure this two step behavior would be an option, not forced.

I don't know you, but I've frustrated some times with current behavior. If you read something and especially if you get interrupted, it is frustrating to double tap, open lockscreen, select app which was open and then continue.. And if this happens with camera.. You are waiting for exactly right moment and screen goes black... At leats what I suggested would help a bit for those situations.

Post edited by HuuhaaTm at 2013-12-23 09:06:29
  • jollamatejollamate
    115.00 KarmaPosts: 69Crew
    Calendar: better / finer options for recurring appointments. For the moment jolla's calendar stands far behind all other competitors. Don't rely on web calendars. Nokia was wellknown for its offline apps.
    CardDav/CalDav
    Desktop suite: will it be released? What software else?
  • apophenionapophenion
    5.00 KarmaPosts: 3Crew
    I definitely want to access the full directory listing of my phone with my USB cable this should not be a problem, since it is my phone. I want to be able to break it if I want to. I did not buy a linux phone so that I could be locked out of my own phone and not tweak it and hack it the way I please.
  • jollamatejollamate
    115.00 KarmaPosts: 69Crew
    Missing gestures:
    Browser: swiping left/right to go forward/back in history
    Email: gestures for going to previou/next email
  • KaaczKaacz
    25.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew

- swipe keyboard missing

What you mean ? Maybe SWYPE keyboard ? Or side SWIPE for some functionality - for example Voice call type select as is demonstrated somewhere on YT?
  • KaaczKaacz
    25.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew
    egnat69 said:

What you need ?? What is IMAP idle ?
    1) Settings => Accounts = > Add Account => Email => Server type is IMAP4 preselected. Create one.
    2) Settings => Apps => Email => Enable scheduled sync for IMAP and POP accounts => Sync Every XX minutes/hours ..
    Sync time is common for all email accounts ..

• HuuhaaTmHuuhaaTm
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 3Crew
    Kaacz said:

egnat69 said:

What you need ?? What is IMAP idle ?
    1) Settings => Accounts = > Add Account => Email => Server type is IMAP4 preselected. Create one.
    2) Settings => Apps => Email => Enable scheduled sync for IMAP and POP accounts => Sync Every XX minutes/hours ..
    Sync time is common for all email accounts ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAP_IDLE

The IDLE feature allows IMAP e-mail users to immediately receive any mailbox changes without having to undertake any action such as clicking on a refresh button, or having the e-mail client automatically and repeatedly ask the server for new messages.

One other thing that would be nice to have in Sailfish is flashlight option in pulley menu, above camera. There could also be flashlight in pulley menu when recording videos.

• MarkkyboyMarkkyboy
    69.00 KarmaPosts: 40Crew
    4 x 3 alphanumeric key pad with true T9 support.
  • StrahlexStrahlex
    40.00 KarmaPosts: 31Crew
    - search function in the email app
    - every android app in a new window
    - Weblinks as app-icons like on the N9
  • StrahlexStrahlex
    40.00 KarmaPosts: 31Crew
    - Landscape mode everywhere (would make it a possible device for creating a Pip-boy)
    - Turning on the flashlight from the lock screen (I see someone has posted it before)
    Post edited by Strahlex at 2013-12-26 15:47:16
  • evdwevdw
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 5Crew
    Jolla's Documents application: some way to see documents in the Sailbox default download folder "/home/nemo/dropbox". (Or is this a bug? It finds pdf-files on the sdcard for example)
    Post edited by evdw at 2013-12-26 20:03:47
  • evdwevdw
    Native browser: grouping of bookmarks
    Post edited by evdw at 2013-12-27 16:17:33
  • evdwevdw
    System settings >> Backup: explicit control of destination
  • HansHans
    7.00 KarmaPosts: 7Crew
    I just ordered the phone. Didn't read anything about a radio.
    So an FM radio app would be nice.
  • hase5911hase5911
    8.00 KarmaPosts: 4Crew
    I started to use keepass to create safe passwords for all my logins - works really nice for windows, ios and android. As it is really hard to type those passwords manually from my laptops screen to my jolla when creating accounts or logging in to some site, i'd love to see a sailfish impementation of keepass.
  • CecilieCecilie
    8.00 KarmaPosts: 6Crew
    A feature I really miss from my N9 is the flickr plugin. I use that quite often, to upload pictures I've taken to my flickr account, so this is a highly requested feature for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder