Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Something new coming from Jolla! Anyone with theories ??
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain
    Jolla have just announced something new to show off in 5 days http://www.jollatides.com/2014/11/14/something-big-this-way-comes-jolla-sailfishos/

Does anyone have any clue whatsoever what this could be ?
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    maybe they dump dalvik vm too and port to ART aswell :)
    probably better for the battery-life.

Seriously i guess the show the prototype of the next phone.
    i'm not even close to be a first one
  • ratedrated
    237.00 KarmaPosts: 65Crew
    Since they've just done a campaign of €100 off the current phone via the voucher scheme, and have even gone so far as to give away loads of TOHs for those sharing the vouchers (aka 'selling off old stock') I suspect we're about to get the announcement for the Jolla2.....
    Post edited by rated at 2014-11-17 11:21:41
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    I think a potential partnership with hardware manufacturer looks like the most obvious at the moment. Someone like Xiaomi as others have suggested ?
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    hmm, yeah, might be.

However, personally i'm far less interested in Jolla-Hardware compared to Jolla-Software.

edit:
    but to stay on peoples radar its neccessary to show the eye-candy. 99% of Users buy Hardware and not the corresponding OS.
    Post edited by blitzschlag at 2014-11-17 11:12:03
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Equally important is the hardware sales driving software development.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    Oh, i got a new Theory. Jolla will sell a Nokia based Phone-Design as the next Jolla Phone.
  • ratedrated
    Announcement made, it's a crowdfunding campaign for a Jolla tablet.

http://jolla.com/tablet

Specs are nice, but I'm really not sure that the tablet marketplace is a wise one to be plunging into. Hope they do well though.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    not interesting for me. I ve got a nexus 7 and barely use it. Only one really using it is my boy to watch some vids.

sad decision, really.
  • ratedrated
    My sentiments exactly. I don't really need a tablet in any way, shape or form. My better half bought me an Android tablet last Christmas (I couldn't work out why, just smiled and said thank you) and if I'm perfectly honest it's not been used more than twice, and that was just to tinker with. It's now basically a coaster.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    well, after just some hours they're at 120%. Seems people have been waiting for yet another Tablet with Intel CPU and possibly weak Battery.

Although the Battery should not be a Problem if you stay on SailfishOS Environment. Once you start a Android App and the Power-Consumption tripples that may go pear shaped.
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    Well I just supported them. Price is good plus I don't have a tablet to play with yet :p.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    oh, thats fine andrei. My comments were not aimed to give the Tablet or anyone buying it a bad name. It's just not interesting for me personally.

i'll wait for SailfishOS 2.0 and my tohkb :)
    With that i am not 100% sure i need it although I would love to help the guys out.
    Post edited by andreibechet at 2014-11-19 12:47:43
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Yes let's not forget about #TOHKBD!

I'm kind of happy in a way that they didn't announce a J2 as I'm so excited to give my J1 fresh legs with the TOHKBD! :D
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Nice @andreibechet you ordered it! EDIT: it = jtablet! :)
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2014-11-19 12:51:10
    it was funny as I have just landed and did all this via phone. The price for the specs is amazing.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @andreibechet Yep it definitely pays to be an early bird! Anyone know what the actual RRP is ?
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    should be somewhere below the nokia n1 price.

the n1 got a slightly bigger display, a "faster" cpu and a battery with more Power.

probably around 200$ for Sales break even.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Just found it: "Should Jolla Tablet be sold after this campaign, the expected retail price is 249 USD."
    Post edited by JollaTides at 2014-11-19 15:11:59

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder