Welcome to the JollaTides Community Port. Sign up to enjoy live chat and more with other Jolla owners.
Bugzilla: Report All Observed Sailfish Bugs Here!
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    668.00 KarmaPosts: 526Captain
    Do you have a new Jolla? Please help Sailfish improve by reporting any known bugs or errors that you find in every day operation here.

Please report any observed bugs here in a simple concise way - we will ensure Jolla see this thread and any potential issues you may be having.

Moving forward, this will help Jolla and Jolla owners alike benefit by getting to the root of potential problems as quick as is feasibly possible.

Rather than double posting someone else's bug, please hit the 'like' button to show an extra vote for any stated bug/error.

Post edited by JollaTides at 2013-12-18 02:04:39
  • FazFaz
    63.00 KarmaPosts: 37Crew
    Instant messaging - Ambiguous IM status for contacts.

When viewing a contact the availability status per IM protocol is shown, however the scrolling list shows neither protocol nor status, so it becomes unclear which one should be selected in order to communicate with the contact.

Simply way to replicate, add/link a contact with 2 Google Talk (AKA Hangout) accounts.
    I want my physical keyboard and I want it now! =)
  • FazFaz
    Android apps do not display within their own windows

Whilst multiple Android apps can be active simultaneously, only the last one used is shown within the multitasking view. This can lead to accidentally closing ALL Android apps when the intention was to close just one.
  • carmenlucicarmenluci
    4.00 KarmaPosts: 3Crew
    If you have problems with data mobile connections, you must configure APN.
    Next I explain how you can solve this problem: go to Settings/Mobile Network/ with a long click on name of internet provider. Next, clicked on Edit/type for editing APN configuration. You can find your network APN configuration on their website.
  • andreibechetandreibechet
    321.00 KarmaPosts: 219Deckhand
    Some processes remain open consuming battery during the night. I tested with GPS off, 3G off, internet off, WiFi off, and just the clock and messaging apps opened and it went off ~24% during ~8h.
    *Had a look in terminal with the "top" command and nothing suspicious came up.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    221.00 KarmaPosts: 157Crew
    i have the problem that i don't get the SailfishOS Updates.

i go into about product > pulley menu 'check update' and it tells me its up to date. Still the Version Tag says 1.0.0.5
    i'm not even close to be a first one
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    32.00 KarmaPosts: 10Crew

i go into about product > pulley menu 'check update' and it tells me its up to date. Still the Version Tag says 1.0.0.5

Some had this and solved that by stopping the device, get the SIM out and in again and start it again...

Another one, but I don't know if it's linked to my specific phone or not.

Micro SD card (FAT 32° is not recognized by the Jolla Phone when booting. Have to start the phone, then get the SD card out and in again for it to be recongnized (contained files (mictures, songs...) displayed in Gallery, Multimedia ... apps).

• paulwestpaulwest
    2.00 KarmaPosts: 1Crew
    Deleting emails - when you select emails to delete (could be just one could be multiple emails) and then select delete it doesn't always delete the email
  • Cosmic_KakapoCosmic_Kakapo
    43.00 KarmaPosts: 32Crew
    I tried the SD card from my old HTC when the phone arrived on Monday (was the only SD I had to hand)

It filled the gallery with over 5000 pictures - basically some massive cache of every every thumbnail from pretty much every website IO'd ever browsed, hundreds of random Jolla pictures (which I didn't put on the SD), a thumbnail for every media track, thumbnails of any pictures I'd looked at on Facebook or Twitter and a ton of random graphics that I can't even guess at the origin of

Suggestion - use a clean/blank SD for Jollaseems to work. Now if we can only get the phone to talk to it properly, and for a computer to recognise the SD as well as the phone storage...
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    BaffTech said:

Some had this and solved that by stopping the device, get the SIM out and in again and start it again...

ah, thx for the tip. will check asap.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    hmm, didn't help

lets see what care@jolla.com says. already got a confirmation from their ticket-system that my request will be processed
    Post edited by blitzschlag at 2013-12-18 10:59:22
  • BaffTechBaffTech

hmm, didn't help
    lets see what care@jolla.com says. already got a confirmation from their ticket-system that my request will be processed

Saw two other persons having this, they had to reinitialize the phone entirely and the update finally came here. Could be time-consuming if you already did a lot of installations. Maybe time for trying the save system
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag
    yeah, just did a reset (as i didn't configure or install too much yet) so i didn't try the backup solution
    just reset and now i'm installing 1.0.1.12

cheers for your help
  • PiglettoPigletto
    2.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    I'm having issues with e-mail configuration. Using IMAP with SSL and plain password I'm not able to send any e-mail (I can read my inbox though, so the problem is SMTP related). I get message like 'Problem with logging' (translation from Polish) and SMTP server logs says: " SASL LOGIN authentication failed: Invalid authentication mechanism". I suppose this might be issue with not trusted server certificate but I'm not sure. Same SMTP configuration works flawlessly on Android device.

Another thing is that there is no option to configure 'From' e-mail for IMAP account.
    Post edited by Pigletto at 2013-12-18 21:19:30
  • PiglettoPigletto
    2.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    Regarding SD card problems I have old 1GB microSD with FAT16 that is recognized by Jolla device and mounted under /run/user/100000/media. The problem is that images stored on this card sometimes are shown in Gallery application and sometimes not. By 'sometimes' I mean after device restart, so after restart I never know if I'll be able to view these. Seems to be a tracker problem
  • FazFaz
    Pigletto said:

I'm having issues with e-mail configuration. Using IMAP with SSL and plain password I'm not able to send any e-mail (I can read my inbox though, so the problem is SMTP related). I get message like 'Problem with logging' (translation from Polish) and SMTP server logs says: " SASL LOGIN authentication failed: Invalid authentication mechanism". I suppose this might be issue with not trusted server certificate but I'm not sure. Same SMTP configuration works flawlessly on Android device.

Another thing is that there is no option to configure 'From' e-mail for IMAP account.

I'm having similar issues with Yahoo mail. I tried various SMTP combinations with no luck, then out of the blue an email from many hours ago was sent. Need to go back and try and figure out which one worked.

To set the "From" (and other options) press ... from the "Create new email" screen. It's one row below the Subject, justified right, below the + button used to add recipients.
    Post edited by Faz at 2013-12-18 23:37:29
  • FazFaz
    Twitter only seems to display last 10 tweets.
    Gallery needs to be changed so it doesn't pick up all album art/random pictures & thumbnails from the web/twitter/facebook etc
    Migt be Sailfish, might be Yandex

Onthe main screen, I have 2 notifications that I can't seem to get rid of - both are the Yandex store icon shape, hence it might be a Yandex issue

One is a white icon with an update symbol (2 arrows forming a circle), the other is an exclamation mark (!)

neither does anything if I tap them, and rebooting doesn't remove them

It could be Yandex - I tried uninstalling Yandex, but that didn't remove the icons

Any thoughts?
  • CoolHuhCoolHuh
    48.50 KarmaPosts: 28Crew
    The handling of photos, videos and music is unstable. Sometimes after switching of the phone, it does not seem to find them (not all of them) and then they appear one after another (most of the time). How does the phones access the SD-card? Are the applications like Gallery and Media Player searching for the photos and music from there as well along with the phone memory? In my case this did not seem to happen - so I moved the items in the phone memory. OK for now, but I kind of have 64GB of SD for no usage at the moment - or am I missing something.

The photos access "problem" is probably why sometimes the selected Ambiences are not available next time I try to access them.
    CoolHuh said:

The handling of photos, videos and music is unstable. Sometimes after switching of the phone, it does not seem to find them (not all of them) and then they appear one after another (most of the time). How does the phones access the SD-card? Are the applications like Gallery and Media Player searching for the photos and music from there as well along with the phone memory? In my case this did not seem to happen - so I moved the items in the phone memory. OK for now, but I kind of have 64GB of SD for no usage at the moment - or am I missing something.

The photos access "problem" is probably why sometimes the selected Ambiences are not available next time I try to access them.

the native Media player should be able to read music on the SD card (mine seems OK) - but can't play WMA format - you may need to remove/reinsert it.

I also found that the Gallery pulls thumnails from the music files which is a nuisance

• CoolHuhCoolHuh
    48.50 KarmaPosts: 28Crew
    I can not confirm the Media player can/did read music from the SD. I now moved the data in the Phone memory and can see / play. If it is able to read the SD, I should have the stuff twice?
    CoolHuh said:

I can not confirm the Media player can/did read music from the SD. I now moved the data in the Phone memory and can see / play. If it is able to read the SD, I should have the stuff twice?

In theory yes

My phone reads the music on the SD, but I don't have anything else on the memory card. Maybe it's having trouble reading different types of content?

Cookie support in the native browser needs attention
    Location - just doesn't work.

I have to manually input my location on native Maps app. Neither the Android Met Office or Accuweather have been able to find my location via GPS

Compatibility needs to be improved

I have to manually input my location on native Maps app. Neither the Android Met Office or Accuweather have been able to find my location via GPS

Location is working with native maps app.

Location is working with native maps app.

Not on my phone it isn't.

I've even clicked on the links in the usage agreement

Not on my phone it isn't.

I've even clicked on the links in the usage agreement

Hmmm ... it should work. I have tried it. Try restarting the phone. Did you see if others reported this problem?
    Mail app - keeps crashing and ignores remove/delete message command

Also, would be good to be able to choose how far back you want messages from, rather than everything since whenever you opened that email account
  • MichdeSkunkMichdeSkunk
    27.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew
    sometimes happens a strange situation
    i bring out my jolla from pocket, unlock the screen and PIN request is shown
    so would mean that mobile net was go down or maybe my SIM was exit from support (sorry for the english)
    but SIM is perfectly in his place...
    so i think that system sometimes exit itself from mobile net...
    it is frustrating i think
    i can miss calls without know it!
    bad bug
  • Rob_ComptonRob_Compton
    8.00 KarmaPosts: 6Crew
    I set the alarm to get me up this morning. I couldn't stop it!!

No amount of tapping, swiping, or shouting "shut up" at it worked ;)

Had to power it off! Not good as it woke the whole house up when I'm the only one that needed to be up early!

Has anyone else seen this?
  • js_mr7js_mr7
    6.00 KarmaPosts: 5Crew
    * If I swipe to fast or to slow when accepting incoming files through bluetooth it will cancel the transfer.

* I also have the issue with the SD-card, it worked the first time I put it into the phone, then I removed it, reorganized and added some files, now it wont work.
  • blitzschlagblitzschlag

I set the alarm to get me up this morning. I couldn't stop it!!

No amount of tapping, swiping, or shouting "shut up" at it worked ;)

Had to power it off! Not good as it woke the whole house up when I'm the only one that needed to be up early!

Has anyone else seen this?

nope, alarm feature working nice here.

while alarm there is a pulley up and pulley down menu. one to cancel alarm and one to set it to slumber again

• JollaTidesJollaTides
    I have another alarm related issue in the native clock app when setting an alarm.

When you set the alarm for eg. 7:00am, the 'stated' alarm time after you hit save is always displayed as 1 hour after eg. 8:00am. Nevertheless, the time you set the alarm seems to be the correct time for the alarm to sound so the display time (showing 1hr later) is merely false information, but slightly irritating nevertheless. Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

Still loving the fact the alarm sounds even when the phone is switched off! :-D
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @Rob_Compton

Not had that problem - as @blitzschlag states, by swiping from the bottom, you get the 'dismiss' option in the pulley menu or alternatively a top swipe for 'snooze'.
  • MichdeSkunkMichdeSkunk
    27.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew
    damn browser!! sometimes links dont open; to write in text frame is impossible, you tap the text field and nothing happen, you cannot move cursor over text wrote; navigation toolbar appear when it want; in facebook photos are half cut! landscape does not exist.
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @michdeskunk

Have you got any of the android browsers loaded ? Firefox, Opera and I think I heard someone say the dolphin browser all appear to work well. Just download a few and have a play - that's currently the benefit of android compatibility. ;-)

I agree - still would prefer a better native option though! :-D
  • dagnygrendagnygren
    9.00 KarmaPosts: 7Crew
    Setting WiFi proxy manually is impossible. The https:// proxy host can be set ok, but when you go to https:// host setting the first "." you enter will reset the entry field to plain https://
  • BaffTechBaffTech
    Don't really know why or how, but on several occasions, the Alien Dalvik engine crahsed leading to being impossible to load any Androïd App (app opens then shuts down immediately).
    How to get rid of? Reboot the phone :/
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @Bafftech

I've noticed this a few times - could you see if it is only a problem when you have the Jolla store open at the same time ?
    My screen time out seems to be going wrong - no matter what I put in settings (I had 1 minute set), the screen turns off after maybe 5 seconds
  • FazFaz

When you set the alarm for eg. 7:00am, the 'stated' alarm time after you hit save is always displayed as 1 hour after eg. 8:00am. Nevertheless, the time you set the alarm seems to be the correct time for the alarm to sound so the display time (showing 1hr later) is merely false information, but slightly irritating nevertheless. Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

+1
    I thought I was going mad at first. Strange bug. I found if I set it -/+ 1hr of the time I initially wanted it seemed to take OK. Also if I just keep changing the alarm time and then setting it back to what I wanted it, it eventually took.
    Post edited by Faz at 2013-12-21 20:57:12
  • PurjekalaPurjekala
    5.00 KarmaPosts: 2Crew
    After boot first doubletaps does nothing. I need to use powerbutton first but after that it works.

• hase5911hase5911
    8.00 KarmaPosts: 4Crew
    Systemsounds, music etc. playing only from the the left speaker...if this is a software problem, it should be fixed - if it is a hardware problem with my individual machine...ok...i didn't buy a ghettoblaster an will surely be able to live with it :-)
    Post edited by hase5911 at 2013-12-23 09:15:20
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    Copy/paste function not working when attempting from android web browser to native sms. Seems to work the other way though from sms side to browser.

Copy/paste function obviously works fine between native web browser to other sailfish native apps inc. email, sms.
  • GrimtechGrimtech
    69.00 KarmaPosts: 36Crew
    @hase5911

Yes, I have the same, only the left speaker works and I am sure the phone has two speakers..
  • JollaTidesJollaTides
    @hase5911 @grimtech

The other grill is probably for the microphone ?

• tvppestvppes
    19.00 KarmaPosts: 8Crew
    Email notification always open to blank screen, then you co back to emails and then select the email that has come.
    Devices: Jolla, Nokia Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z Tablet, iPad Air Tablet, Windows 8,1 Computer
  • hase5911hase5911
    8.00 KarmaPosts: 4Crew
    @JollaTides
    Ah...OK...microphone grill instead of right speaker might be an explanation - found nothing in any specification (as it really does not matter to me) should be mentioned somewhere, as soon, as the phone comes to "real" customers ...they might often expect features like this
  • KaaczKaacz
    25.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew

My screen time out seems to be going wrong - no matter what I put in settings (I had 1 minute set), the screen turns off after maybe 5 seconds

First/lock screen allways go to off after 5sec. Other your setting is used on other screens. Works for me. :)
  • KaaczKaacz
    25.00 KarmaPosts: 19Crew

Have you GPS enabled in settings ?? Native Maps works fine with internal GPS. And many Android apps works also.. I was succesfuly run Navitel navigation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged

Support Our Community

Your Donations Will Help Keep This Forum Afloat

Spiderpodium Car Phone Holder