#TOHKBD #Jolla Update Explains Software Advances And More…
Well, it would appear team #TOHKBD are certainly not resting on their laurels with updates coming thick and fast in a timely fashion which is great news for all supporters of their latest kickstarter project!
The latest update brings us new developments from the team who are intent on being very open with their progressions to date which is very refreshing.
Here is the latest transcript from Dirk, taken from this page:
Kimmo has been working hard on the keyboard drivers and there is a lot of progress. Auto-hide of the virtual keyboard is working, back-light goes on and off depending on ambient light and lots more is being made as we speak.
There was some things unclear about the custom colours. If the option you selected says ‘fully assembled’ but not ‘in custom colours’, you get a polished white one. If you want to upgrade, take your original option and add 10E, it is just more expensive and a lot more work to process all this. In case you do have custom colours selected: you can choose different colours for two pieces! Together with all the backplate options there a lot of fun combinations to be made!
Speaking of backplates: we added three new backplate colours, carbonfiber and two flavours of brushed steel! (they have the looks and texture, but not actual steel or cf) This bumps the total available TOHKBD combinations to 4200!
- The backplate will have a very slightly different shape, because the bottom piece is reshaped, to remove the need for screws
- Due to the reduced thickness of the piece that connects to your phone (see last update), the alignment cavities and pins are flipped. They are only 0.5mm though, but just so you know
With the #TOHKBD kickstarter project already at 118,513 Euros after only it’s first 10 days, with still another 20 days remaining, will we see the final investment figure reach to near 200,000 euros ?
Latest posts by JollaTides (see all)
- #Jolla Tablet Campaign: Last Chance To Order + Juicy Perks - December 8, 2014
- #TOHKBD: Go, Go, Funky Configurator! - November 28, 2014
- #Jolla Tablet: Campaign Adds Bulk Retailer Option And Stretch Goals! - November 27, 2014